FIRE DISTRICT NEWS & UPDATES
Siren Testing to Resume
On October 7, at noon, the Kentfield Fire District will test our Emergency Warning Siren, located on top of Fire Station 17 at 1004 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
In the event of an emergency such as wildland fire or natural disasters such as earthquake, flood, and mudslide the siren may be activated to alert residents. When the Emergency Warning Siren is activated, tune into local radio, television, phone, cell or VOIP alert notifications for emergency information and instructions (this is not necessary during the tests conducted each first Saturday of the month at noon).
Reminder! We encourage community members to sign up for emergency alerts !
Follow the Kentfield Fire District on Social Media on Instagram or X at @kentfieldfire
Seasonal Firefighter Recruitment 2023
Application Period: January 27, 2023 - February 24, 2023
The District is anticipating the need for seasonal firefighters this year. Staffing during the wildland fire season (3-8 months) may include Engine and Inspector assignments.
- Engine: Firefighters in Engine assignments fight wildland, rural, and structural fires and respond to various other emergencies including medical emergencies. Additional responsibilities include repairing equipment and general station housekeeping.
- Defensible Space Inspector: The Defensible Space Inspector will conduct professional work in fire prevention or other related work. Examples of work tasks include but are not limited to one or more of the following:
- Perform defensible space inspections in accordance with Public Resources Code Section 4291.
- Increase awareness, knowledge and actions implemented by individuals and communities to reduce human loss and property damage from wildfires, such as defensible space and other fuels reduction activities, fire prevention and fire safe building standards.
Minimum qualifications at time of appointment include:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current Professional Provider CPR card
- Valid, non-restricted California Driver’s License
- FF 1 Academy Certification
- Valid CA. EMT License
- Successful completion of Marin County Wildland Academy or California (Cal Fire) Wildland Certificate or other training as approved by the District
- Current firefighting and EMS experience
- College Fire Science studies
- NWCG Firefighter Type 2
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn firefighting tactics and EMS techniques
- Ability to learn the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to do strenuous physical activity for extended periods of time
Testing and Eligible List:
Depending on the number of qualified applications received, the examination may consist of a highly qualified review, application screening, online assessment, written examination, oral examination, performance examination, or any combination to determine which candidates' names will be placed on the eligible list.
Compensation, $17.00 - $28.00 hourly (depending on experience). Schedules may vary. The 48/96 shift assignment may be used while assigned to an engine. A 40-hour workweek is used for D-Space inspectors. Schedules may be adjusted to fit the needs of the district. This is a non-benefit position.
How to apply:
Interested candidates complete the application of employment at www.kentfieldfire.org Candidates must submit a completed application, a letter of intent, and a resume outlining the qualifications (returning Seasonal Firefighters need only complete a letter of intent) to the Administration Office by noon, Friday February 24, 2023. The outside of the envelope addressed: 2023 Seasonal Firefighter Program.