COVID-19 FIRE INSPECTIONS: MODIFIED GUIDELINES
In an effort to protect the general public and the employees of all Marin County Fire Agencies, and reflective of the Shelter in Place Order (SIP) issued April 29, 2020 by the Health Officer of the County of Marin, requests for all non-essential fire inspections were previously suspended.
AS OF MAY 4TH 2020, THE TERM “SUSPENSION” WILL BE CHANGED TO “MODIFIED”
The intent of the MODIFICATION is to respect the county order to shelter in place, limit personal contact and exposure, and to slow the spread of COVID-19 to the maximum extent possible.
- Prior to requesting an inspection, please see the attached inspection modification announcement for Shelter In Place Order requirements and PPE protocols.
- Projects failing to comply with the requirements of the revised shelter in place order and its appendices may be cancelled or postponed.
- Inspection appointments will be available Monday through Thursday.
- Inspections will be completed within the 8 am to 1 pm window.
- Inspections will be scheduled by email only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the date you would like an inspection and the type of inspection (Close-in, fire sprinkler, fire final etc).
- A jobsite contact and phone number will be required. Please include the project address in the subject line.
Defensible Space Seasonal Firefighter Recruitment 2020
Application Period: Continuous
The District is anticipating the need for seasonal firefighters this year.
- Defensible Space Inspector: The Defensible Space Inspector will conduct professional work in fire prevention or other related work. Examples of work tasks include but are not limited to one or more of the following:
- Perform defensible space inspections in accordance with Public Resources Code Section 4291.
- Increase awareness, knowledge and actions implemented by individuals and communities to reduce human loss and property damage from wildfires, such as defensible space and other fuels reduction activities, fire prevention and fire safe building standards.